Monday, March 12, 2012

13 month old Hannah goes to Penang

Hannah B turned 13 months last Friday. We were in Penang for work. I packed along the husband and baby for a short working holiday. 

We left home at 7 am on Thursday. Bad timing as the traffic heading north was horrible. Morning traffic made worse by the rain. Well, at least our trip was not super hot, I kind of enjoy the chilly weather during travelling. Hungry tummies got filled up at Subway for breakfast. I love the bread there. Continued the journey to Gopeng for my first pit stop. Arrived there around 11.30. Left the baby and husband in the car while I met my student. Came out of the meeting room to find them waiting outside. Guess waiting in the car was too boring for her....hehehe. Curious little Hannah wanted to do some exploring I guess. 

Back in the car to continue our journey to Penang. We planned to stop for my favourite mee udand Sg Dua, but stupid GPS thing could not locate the place. End up driving straight into the Island.

We stayed in Hydro Hotel which was so-so. It was worth the good deal I got from Agoda but I don't think we'll be coming again. Lovely Hotel and good facilities but the room was so dissappointing. Must be the new management, felt like we were in a 90's hotel. Such dated furniture.( complete with lumpy mattress and big fat boxy TV - seriously, who uses that kinda TV anymore these days....)
Beside the room, not much to complain about. The breakfast was okay, lovely lobby, big clean swimming pool and it had this access road to the beach. Not that we spent that much time on the beach, Hannah preferred the pool.

Penang being Penang, the best thing to mention was the good food. No pics as we were too busy eating. Kapitan Naan and butter chicken (twice!) and Line Clear Nasi Kandar. We had to forego the others as I was on a working trip, not foodie session.

It was great that i had time to catch up with two old friends from study days, Fazmur and Aimy Fatin. Thank you ladies for the hospitality.

 Once we were back on mainland only did I notice that we didnt even take pics in front of Hard Rock Hotel. grrr...it rained while we were exploring in Batu Feringgi the first night, and I guess we totally forgot about it later...





No comments:

Post a Comment